Monday, November 19, 2007

Fantasy Football Surprises

What a year for my fantasy football team. I started out 0-5 and have went on to win 6 straight weeks. Things are looking bright for the playoffs. My dismal start was largely attributed to the lackluster play of the New Orleans Saints. I have Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and Marques Colston among my top players. Another key factor was the injury to Brandon Jacobs, my third-round selection.


A few surprises have emerged that've helped my team turn things around. LenDale White and Brandon Marshall lead that list. I selected White in the 9th as my RB4. When Jacobs and my RB3, Cadillac Williams, went down with injuries, White was forced into a prominent role on my squad. This was not my intention when drafting him but he has pleasantly fulfilled his duties. Despite a bad performance last week, and the fumble this week against Denver, fantasy owners in large have had to like what they've gotten from White.


If you have Brandon Marshall on your squad you likely snagged him from the waiver wire and are glad that you did. He's on pace for around 1,300 yards, over 5 receptions per game and just scored another touchdown. He's solidified himself as a quality WR2 or flex play on a weekly basis. Since the Broncos have chosen not to utilize the talents of Mike Bell, they've had many problems at running back this year. That, plus the injury to lead wideout Javon Walker, contributed to this breakout season for the second-year Marshall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.